"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible,

to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sabbath Thoughts: Alleluia

© Greg Ferrell
Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time.  ~Martin Luther

Resurrection
I am
a flower in the field of Love
I bloom
and spread my fragrance far and wide
I shine 
in the light of the radiant Sun
I wilt 
in the heat of Autumn’s blaze
I sink
into the earth under the snow bank
I wait 
cold, afraid, longing for renewal
I fear
my roots will shrivel and die
I wait
not certain, only half believing what I know is true
I feel
soft fingers of light prodding through the dark
I stir
under the plop-plop of gentle, life-giving rain
I breathe
the scent of fresh tendrils of grass
I hear
the call of bird song and bleating
I am 
made alive in the strength of their calling
I burst forth
and greet the earth again and again.
                                                                   © Ardoth Rutherford

"Keep your faith in all beautiful things; in the sun when it is hidden, in the Spring when it is gone."
-  Roy R. Gilson
The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world.  Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice.  But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice.  ~Henry Knox Sherrill
The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.  ~Robert Flatt
Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption, Cincinnati, Ohio  © Greg Ferrell
________________________________________________

No comments: